Sunday 20 August 2017

Steaming ahead

Eight months since my last post and in that time I have completed the first draft of The Man Who Didn't Like People and most of a structural edit and revise. The finished novel is going to be somewhere between 70,000 and 80,000 words and I am much more satisfied with the build up to the final scenes than I was with the first draft. I have not yet decided on the exact ending and will be offering two possible endings to my Beta Readers to see their reaction. This is perhaps not as dramatic as it sounds as both versions will have the same outcome but one will leave the reader with a slightly softer, more gentle feeling.
As soon as I get it finished and off to the Beta Readers I will be returning to my Grey Nomad detective series with the plan being to get one off to a possible publisher as soon as possible. Two of the novels are written and others are partly written or in outline form but I made some significant pov changes in the final version of the first of the series and will have to adapt the rest to be consistent. It is not a major task and something I can get on with while the publisher is making a decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment